The Alliance supports democratic, public institutions that validate knowledge.
These institutions have the mission to establish the collective degree of validity of information: data, proposals, arguments, hypotheses, theories, etc.
- Ignorance can be a major source of suffering for various reasons;
- An individual is not always capable on their own to establish the value of information, and public institutions are necessary to assist them;
- Discussion among individuals is only possible if there is a consensus on the relative value of arguments;
- Collective decision-making through discussion creates less suffering than decisions not based on argumentation, taken for example through force;
- Institutions that validate knowledge are more credible if public and democratic, as each member of the community will have confidence in them.